There are a number of different aerial installations that are carried out in order to receive Freeview TV. There are a number of different factors to take into consideration when estimating how long the installation will take.
For a Quick answer to How long does it take to fit an aerial. The answer is approximately 1 – 3 hours depending on the type of installation it is.
Factors to consider when Estimating How Long it Takes to Fit an Aerial.
- Is the aerial being fitted within a loft or outside?
- How large the property is, how high and ease of access
- Are there going to be new cable run, if so, how many rooms?
- Will a splitter or amplifier be required?
- Will the new aerial be fitted on an existing mast or does a new one need to be fitted?
- If a new mast is being fit, will there also be a new bracket installed too?
Although this isn’t an exhaustive list, it goes some way to helping you understand that there is no set answer. The best way to find the answer to this is to ask the aerial fitter doing the actual work to give an estimate of how long it will take. But, be reasonable, it can be dangerous work so mustn’t be rushed. Ask, can any existing equipment can be used. Does a faulty aerial just need a repair? If at all possible, allow a good few hour for any kind of television aerial installation work to be completed.